Expressions of interest
Trainer and Assessor positions
Outsource Institute of Technology is currently seeking expressions of interest for several Trainer and Assessor positions scheduled for 2019.
About the Role:
Reporting to our General Manager, the role will be responsible for delivering our Engineering or Automotive programs in the areas of Welding, Fluid Power, Air conditioning, Mobile Plant, Heavy Commercial Vehicle or Automotive Electrical. Positions are available for Contract and Permanent Full-Time, based in Brisbane QLD for an anticipated start date of March 2019.
Outsource Institute of Technology’s head office is located in Eight Mile Plains, Brisbane QLD, however, the delivery of both state and nationwide training is required and so the successful candidate must be willing to undertake regional travel on a regular basis.
This will take place in a variety of work environments including on site assessments, in the workplace or online and remote, therefore, a high degree of flexibility is required for this role.
- Provide RPL, conduct training and assessment, and develop necessary training packages
- Consult with workplace representative to identify the training needs of the client and the students. This may require varying the contact with students, delivery methods and styles around the workplace.
- Facilitate student learning by preparing and executing appropriate training methodologies
- Design a student’s Individual Training Plan and prepare student for assessment.
- Develop effective working relationships with student groups
- Actively participate in areas such as curriculum development, implementation and review
- Maintain Industry Currency
- Extensive and relevant industry and training experience
- Demonstrated high level of technical skills and experience
- High level interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight time frames
- Collaborative skills working as a member of a training team
- Highly Professional, customer focused, and self-motivated
- Be fully competent with all Microsoft packages
- Confident computer skills – able to pick up new systems
Qualifications, Licenses and Experience.
- Certificate II in Automotive Air Conditioning Technology
- Certificate III in Automotive Electrical Technology
- Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology
- Certificate III Engineering- Mechanical or higher
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) or equivalent (Mandatory)
- Preferable 5-10+ years’ industry experience in related fields
- Equivalent qualifications in heavy mobile plant repair or similar fields
- Certificate IV in Engineering
- Experience as a Trainer and Assessor in the Vocational Education and Training (VET)
- Excellent presentation and training skills
- Proven history in developing learning and assessment resources
- An awareness of current and emerging industry training needs
At Outsource Institute, we pride ourselves on offering employees a workplace culture that:
- Is happy and supportive
- Offers a variety of work
- Fosters respect
- Affords opportunities for personal growth and ongoing professional development
- Has a yearly social activities calendar
- Cares about the environment
- Encourages a work/life balance
- Provides earned autonomy
- Remains commercial viability
- Continually aims to be an employer of choice
If you believe you would be a cultural fit and meet the minimum desirability requirements for Outsource Institute, we welcome you to send your resume through to Danielle Love, Human Resource Coordinator.