Engineering Trainer and Assessor (Contractor)
About the Role:
Reporting to our General Manager, the role will be responsible for delivering Certificate III in Engineering along with the Certificate IV in Engineering. This position will initially be on a contract basis, with the intent to move to a Permanent Full-Time position after completing the probationary period.
Outsource Institute of Technology’s head office is located at Eight Mile Plains, Queensland, however, the delivery of both state and nationwide training is required and so the successful candidate must be willing to undertake regional travel on a regular basis.
This will take place in a variety of work environments including on site assessments, in the workplace, online or remote, therefore a high degree of flexibility is required for this role.
You will be responsible for:
- Provide RPL, conduct training and assessment, and develop necessary training packages
- Consult with workplace representative to identify the training needs of the client and the students. This may require varying the contact with students, delivery methods and styles around the workplace.
- Facilitate student learning by preparing and executing appropriate training methodologies
- Design a student’s Individual Training Plan and prepare student for assessment.
- Develop effective working relationships with student groups
- Actively participate in areas such as curriculum development, implementation and review
- Extensive and relevant industry and training experience within the Welding and Fabrication fields
- Demonstrated high level of technical skills and experience
- High level interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight time frames
- Collaborative skills working as a member of a training team
- Highly Professional, customer focused, and self-motivated
- Be fully competent with all Microsoft packages
- Confident computer skills – able to pick up new systems
Qualifications, Licenses and Experience required:
- Certificate IV in Engineering or higher
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) (Mandatory)
- Preferable 5-10+ years’ experience in the industry
- Valid Driver’s License, reliable and registered vehicle
- Experience as a Trainer and Assessor in the Vocational Education and Training industry (VET)
- Excellent presentation and training skills
- Proven history in developing learning and assessment resources
- An awareness of current and emerging industry training needs
For expressions of interest please visit this Seek Advertisement for details.