The Hydraulics 1.0 course is the first in our series of modules that can lead to the Certificate IV in Engineering qualification. When combined with, Hydraulics 2.0, Hydraulics 3.0 and Hydraulics 4.0 (plus fulfilling the prerequisites), contribute to the total units of competencies required for the MEM40119 Certificate IV in Engineering (Fluid Power).
This course is designed to support the learners’ needs in understanding the principles of how hydraulic components operate, as well as being introduced to their representative schematic symbols.
The course combines book and instruction based learning with practical exercises and assessments utilising our purpose built, state of the art Hydraulic Training Rigs.
To be eligible to receive certification (a Statement of Attainment) for Hydraulics 1.0, the learner must demonstrate that prerequisites have been met. The prerequisites can be seen below.
- MEM09002 Interpret technical drawing
- MEM11011 Undertake manual handling
- MEM12023 Perform engineering measurements
- MEM12024 Perform computations
- MEM13015 Work safely and effectively in manufacturing and engineering
- MEM14006 Plan work activities
- MEM16006 Organise and communicate information
- MEM18001 Use hand tools
- MEM18002 Use power tools/hand held operations
- MEM18003 Use tools for precision work
- MEM18006 Perform precision fitting of engineering components
- MEM18055 Dismantle, replace and assemble engineering components
- MEM18020 – Maintain hydraulic system components
- MEM18011 – Shut down and isolate machines/equipment
Course content includes:
- Shut down and Isolate Equipment
- Fluid Power Principles
- Pumps and Pump Fundamentals
- Flow Controls
- Hydraulic Symbols