Hydraulics 4.0 course is the fourth course in a series that builds towards MEM40119 Certificate IV in Engineering (Fluid Power). This course is designed to be completed after our Hydraulics 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0, in conjunction with holding the relevant Certificate III and meeting the prerequisite requirements.
When combined with, Hydraulics 1.0, Hydraulics 2.0 and Hydraulics 3.0 (plus fulfilling the prerequisites), contribute to the total units of competencies required for the MEM40119 Certificate IV in Engineering (Fluid Power).
This course is designed to support the learner’s needs in understanding more advanced hydraulic systems, as well as a complete overview of the five basic hydraulic systems.
The course combines book and instruction based learning with practical exercises and assessments utilising our purpose built, state of the art Hydraulic Training Rigs.
To be eligible to receive certification (a Statement of Attainment) for Hydraulics 4.0, the learner must demonstrate that prerequisites have been met. The prerequisites can be seen below.
- MEM09002 Interpret technical drawing
- MEM11011 Undertake manual handling
- MEM12023 Perform engineering measurements
- MEM12024 Perform computations
- MEM13015 Work safely and effectively in manufacturing and engineering
- MEM14006 Plan work activities
- MEM16006 Organise and communicate information
- MEM18001 Use hand tools
- MEM18002 Use power tools/hand held operations
- MEM18003 Use tools for precision work
- MEM18006 Perform precision fitting of engineering components
- MEM18055 Dismantle, replace and assemble engineering components
- MEM18020 Maintain hydraulic system components
- MEM18021 Maintain hydraulic systems
- MEM18022 Maintain fluid power controls
- MEM18023 – Modify fluid power system operation
- MEM10004 – Enter and change programmable controller
- MEM10005 – Commission programmable controller
Course content includes:
- Review of Hydraulic Principles
- Revision of Actuators, Cylinders, Motors, Pumps, Valves, Hoses and Line Sizing
- System Failures and Troubleshooting
- Predictive Maintenance; Preventative Maintenance; Corrective Action Plans; Contractual Obligations
- Cylinder Mounting and Rod Buckling
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Hydraulic Control Systems
- System Testing and Re-instatement