The Hydraulics 1.0 course is the first in our series of modules that can lead to the Certificate IV in Engineering qualification. When combined with, Hydraulics 2.0, Hydraulics 3.0 and Hydraulics 4.0 (plus fulfilling the prerequisites), contribute to the total units of competencies required for the MEM40105 Certificate IV in Engineering (Fluid Power).
This course is designed to support the learners’ needs in understanding the principles of how hydraulic components operate, as well as being introduced to their representative schematic symbols.
The course combines book and instruction based learning with practical exercises and assessments utilising our purpose built, state of the art Hydraulic Training Rigs.
To be eligible to receive certification (a statement of attainment) for Hydraulics 1.0, the learner must demonstrate that prerequisites have been met. The prerequisites can be seen below.
- MEM18001C – Use hand tools
- MEM09002B – Interpret technical drawing
- MEM12023A – Perform engineering measurements
- MEM18003C – Use tools for precision work
- MEM18002B – Use power tools/hand held operations
- MEM18006C – Repair and fit engineering components
- MEM18055B – Dismantle, replace and assemble engineering components
- MEM18020B – Maintain hydraulic system components
- MEM18011C – Shut down and isolate machines/equipment
Course content includes:
- Shut down and Isolate Equipment
- Fluid Power Principles
- Pumps and Pump Fundamentals
- Flow Controls
- Hydraulic Symbols