The Hydraulics 2.0 course is the second of our modules, which can lead to MEM40105 Certificate IV in Engineering (Fluid Power), when completed in conjunction with our other courses and prerequisites. When combined with, Hydraulics 1.0, Hydraulics 3.0 and Hydraulics 4.0 (plus fulfilling the prerequisites), contribute to the total units of competencies required for the MEM40105 Certificate IV in Engineering (Fluid Power).
This course provides competency based training on the principles of preventative maintenance and the basic repair of hydraulic equipment. This includes monitoring equipment, fault finding, repairing and re-commissioning hydraulic systems.
The course combines book and instruction based learning with practical exercises and assessments utilising our purpose built, state of the art Hydraulic Training Rigs.
To be eligible to receive certification (a statement of attainment) for Hydraulics 2.0, the learner must demonstrate that prerequisites have been met. The prerequisites can be seen below.
- MEM18001C – Use hand tools
- MEM09002B – Interpret technical drawing
- MEM12023A – Perform engineering measurements
- MEM18003C – Use tools for precision work
- MEM18002B – Use power tools/hand held operations
- MEM18006C – Repair and fit engineering components
- MEM18020B – Maintain hydraulic system components
- MEM18055B – Dismantle, replace and assemble engineering components
- MEM18021B – Maintain hydraulic systems
- MEM18010C – Equipment condition monitoring and recording
Course content includes:
- Review of Hydraulics 1.0 course contents and principles
- Pumps, valves, actuators and cylinders
- Flow and directional controls
- Manifold technology
- Filtration and contamination