This qualification has been designed for existing engineering tradespersons along with apprentices who choose to study at a higher level. The job role involves application of additional skills in the learner’s trade or cross skills from other trades. Job roles may include the design, assembly, manufacture, installation, modification, testing, fault finding, commissioning, maintenance and service of equipment and machinery, equipment and joining techniques. Machinery and equipment can include fluid power systems, stationary and mobile equipment, instruments, refrigeration and the use of computer controlled machine tools.
- MEM24012C – Apply metallurgy principles
- MEM05045B – Perform pipe welds to code standards using manual metal arc welding process
- MEM05019D – Weld using gas tungsten arc welding process
- MEM05042B – Perform welds to code standards using flux core arc welding process
- MEM05043B – Perform welds to code standards using gas metal arc welding process
- MEM12023A – Perform engineering measurements
- MEM12024A – Perform computations
- MEM13014A – Apply principles of occupational health and safety in the work environment
- MEM14004A – Plan to undertake a routine task
- MEM14005A – Plan a complete activity
- MEM15002A – Apply quality systems
- MEM15024A – Apply quality procedures
- MEM16006A – Organise and communicate information
- MEM16007A – Work with others in a manufacturing, engineering or related environment
- MEM16008A – Interact with computing technology
- MEM17003A – Assist in the provision of on the job training
- MSAENV272B – Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
The minimum requirements for achievement of the Certificate IV in Engineering are:
- Completion of all core units of competency listed, and
- Completion of units from the Group A Specialisation electives to the value of at least 12 points, and
- Completion of Group B electives to bring the total value to at least 109 points.
Appropriate Group B elective units to the value of 22 points may be chosen from other endorsed Training Packages and accredited courses where those units are available for inclusion at Certificate IV.