This qualification provides you with the practical skills and knowledge to draw and design the necessary specifications an engineering workshop needs to manufacture goods. This course develops on your existing knowledge in how to produce different engineering graphic designs, select and apply mathematical techniques in a manufacturing, engineering or related environment and select common engineering materials.
- Engineering project officer
- Engineering development officer
- Engineering estimator
- Engineering technical officer
- CAD drafter
- Control systems engineer
- Mechanical engineer
- MEM16006A – Organise and communicate information
- MEM16008A – Interact with computing technology
- MEM30007A – Select common engineering materials
- MEM30012A – Apply mathematical techniques in a manufacturing engineering or related environment
- MSAENV272B – Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
The minimum requirements for achievement of the MEM50212 Diploma of Engineering – Technical are:
- Completion of the five (5) core units of competency, and
- Fifteen (15) elective units, to bring the total number of units to twenty (20)
Elective units must be selected as follows:
- Up to eight (8) general elective units from the list in Group A
- At least seven (7) specialist elective units from Group B, to bring the total number of elective units to fifteen (15)
Note that when selecting elective units any prerequisite units must also be completed. Note that prerequisites can only count towards the number of electives required if they are listed in the groups below (refer to units for details).
Three (3) appropriate Group B electives may be chosen from other endorsed Training Packages and accredited courses where those units are available for inclusion at Diploma level.