The Advanced Diploma of Engineering (Mechanical) is aimed towards those who are looking to advance in a technical paraprofessional role in manufacturing and mechanical control engineering fields. This course has a strong combination of technical skills training and in-depth knowledge in how to apply engineering and scientific principles for those who manage, design and execute engineering projects.
- English requirement: IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or equivalent
- Academic requirements: Completion of Year 12 or equivalent. Non-school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion.
- Experience: An appropriate candidate for entry into the Advanced Diploma of Engineering MEM60112 must have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in engineering within the following sectors; Manufacturing, Food Processing, Mining Services, General Engineering or Energy Generation.
- Note: Every application is assessed individually.
Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Electronics Engineering Technologist
- Manufacturing Systems Engineer
- Mechanical Engineering Associate
- Mechatronics Associate
- Production Engineer
- Organise and communicate information
- Interact with computing technology
- Perform engineering activities
- Manage self in the engineering environment
- Select common engineering materials
- Apply mathematical techniques in a manufacturing, engineering or related environment
- Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- Completion of the seven (7) core units of competency listed, and
- Completion of twenty three (23) elective units, to bring the total number of units to thirty (30)
Group A and Group B elective units must be selected as follows:
- Up to eight (8) general elective units from the list in Group A
- At least fifteen (15) specialist elective units from Group B, to bring the total number of elective units to twenty three (23)
Note that when selecting elective units any prerequisite units must also be completed and count towards the required number of elective units (refer to units for details).
Five (5) appropriate Group B electives may be chosen from other endorsed Training Packages and accredited courses where those units are available for inclusion at Advanced Diploma.