Brisbane is the capital of Queensland and is widely recognised as Australia’s new world city. It is one of the fastest growing regions in the nation and is home to more than 78,000 international students. Some facts about Brisbane, provided by Study in Australia:
- Brisbane hosts Australia’s largest city orientation day for international students, the Brisbane Welcomes International Students Festival, with over 8,000 students participating each year.
- With a population of two (2) million, Brisbane is Australia’s fastest-growing capital city for employment and offers a great range of opportunities in both the public and private sectors.
- Brisbane City Council offers free Wi-Fi at 22 of its most popular parks and students can also get free movies through the city’s Shade Cinema initiative. This downloadable app lets students watch a selection of movies at one of the city’s parks and gardens for free!
- Brisbane is home to over 177 major resource and energy companies and is a growing hub for supplying resources to the world.
For more information, please visit the Study in Australia website: https://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/explore-australia/qld/brisbane
There are a range of accommodation options you can choose from, including student accommodation, rentals and homestay. Some helpful websites are listed below:
- Urbanest http://urbanest.com.au/brisbane/
- Unilodge https://unilodge.com.au/city/brisbane/
- Uniresort http://www.uniresort.com.au/
- Genesis1 https://www.genesis1.com.au/
- Atira https://atira.com/
- Brisbane International Student Services biss.com.au
*Outsource Institute does not arrange international student accommodation.
Further information about accommodation and living costs in Australia can be found on the Study in Australia website: https://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/
Please visit the websites below to find out more about living and studying in Brisbane including visa requirements, student support services, costs of living, Education Agents, health cover, working in Australia, insurance, accommodation options and costs, weather, transport, safety and so much more.
Additionally, you can download the International Student Guide which combines important information for international students.
Further useful information can be found in the International Student Handbook