This one day training course:
- will provide you with a strong understanding of polyethylene pipe, products and fittings relevant to Butt and Electrofusion welding requirements.
- is appropriate for anyone involved in the installation and maintenance of pipelines, especially process technicians or personnel involved in dewatering.
- covers a highly in demand skill for accredited trade persons in the civil, mining, gas, manufacturing and agricultural industries
- use structure and language suitable for audience to communicate information and contribute ideas about WHS risk-management processes
- applies formal processes to plan, sequence and prioritise risk control tasks, showing awareness of time and resource constraints and the needs of others
- organises, evaluates and critiques ideas and information from a range of complex information and data texts when identifying measures and initiatives
- contributes to the design of new approaches to safety measures and initiatives within the immediate work environment
- chooses appropriate vocabulary to communicate findings, seek information or evaluate outcomes
Electrofusion weld polyethylene pipelines (PMBWELD302)
This unit of competency covers the skills and knowledge required to weld polyethylene (PE) plastic pipes using electrofusion. It applies to welding of pipes and pipelines undertaken in the field and in factory conditions. Pipelines may be for transmission of gas or liquids.
Butt weld polyethylene plastic pipelines (PMBWELD301)
This unit of competency covers the skills and knowledge required to butt weld polyethylene (PE) plastic pipelines. It applies to welding undertaken in the field and in factory conditions. Pipelines may be for transmission of gas or liquids.
Contribute to WHS Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Risk Control (BSBWHS404)
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to contribute to the processes of identifying work health and safety (WHS) hazards, assessing WHS risks, and developing, implementing and evaluating risk controls according to legislative and organisational requirements.
Contribute to work-related health and safety measures and initiatives (BSBWHS410)
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to manage the identification, review, development, implementation and evaluation of effective participation and consultation processes as an integral part of managing work health and safety (WHS).
This accredited one day course includes:
- Theory and practical training
- Field Operations Sheet
- Risk Assessment
- Task Calculation Sheets
- Calibration Records Sheet
- Lunch is included
Upon successful completion you will be issued with:
- Nationally recognised Outsource Institute of Technology Statement of Attainment
- Vinidex endorsed Statement of Attendance
- Poly Weld Ticket (valid for 3 years)
- All students are required to wear long sleeve Hi-viz work shirts, long pants and steel toecap boots & safety glasses
- Regional training available on request