This two day training course:
- will provide you with a strong understanding of polyethylene pipe, products and fittings relevant to Butt and Electrofusion welding requirements.
- is appropriate for anyone involved in the installation and maintenance of pipelines, especially process technicians or personnel involved in dewatering.
- covers a highly in demand skill for accredited trade persons in the civil, mining, gas, manufacturing and agricultural industries
Day 1: Electrofusion weld polyethylene pipelines (PMBWELD302)
This unit of competency covers the skills and knowledge required to weld polyethylene (PE) plastic pipes using electrofusion. It applies to welding of pipes and pipelines undertaken in the field and in factory conditions. Pipelines may be for transmission of gas or liquids.
Day 2: Butt weld polyethylene plastic pipelines (PMBWELD301)
This unit of competency covers the skills and knowledge required to butt weld polyethylene (PE) plastic pipelines. It applies to welding undertaken in the field and in factory conditions. Pipelines may be for transmission of gas or liquids.
This accredited two day course includes:
- Theory and practical training
- Field Operations Sheet
- Risk Assessment
- Task Calculation Sheets
- Calibration Records Sheet
- Lunch is included
Upon successful completion you will be issued with:
- Nationally recognised Outsource Institute of Technology Statement of Attainment
- Vinidex Endorsed Statement of Attendance
- Poly Weld Ticket (valid for 3 years)
- All students are required to wear long sleeve Hi-viz work shirts, long pants and steel toecap boots & safety glasses
- Regional training available on request